The Pink Panther of Green Design

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

"Every time you spend money you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want to live in." Anna Lappe

Ah, Anna Lappé, you're a wise woman indeed. Founder of the Small Planet Institute and named one of Time’s Eco Who’s-Who, here's a woman after my own heart. 

I've been searching for eco-fashion brands, all-natural beauty lines, and healthy home products for quite a bit now. The kind of green goods and eco-friendly garments that are thoughtfully designed,
well-crafted, high-quality and fashion forward.


I wanted this information all in one place without serendipitously tripping over it or happily stumbling upon it via a random google search. All of the ethical products, the carefully crafted goods, the ambitious entrepreneurs, the stirring stories; I've been collecting them for a while now.  


I've been bumbling about the net, a galvanized Pink Panther of green design, and I've learned a lot. I've also been investigating fun mom and pop shops, discovering unique thrift stores, and exploring local fairs and markets every chance I get (think Dose Market and Constructor Craft Fair).

So here we go. I'm excited to share with you all the curious and compelling stories of the eco movers and green shakers, the doers and the makers {I totally just did that, I injected a 6th grade rhyme; hey, I worked with students for ten years}, of all that I've unearthed, all that I'm passionate about. Thanks for visiting, thanks for staying a while.

No comments :

Post a Comment