{Homegrown Eco Brand} Cri de Coeur Ethical Footwear

Saturday, January 12, 2013

{ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 }

I don't drive. I know how to drive {if you don't include that one incident in which I mistook the shoulder for a new lane on the highway; hey, those markings were faded in just a way to resemble passing lane markings, but I digress}: I just choose walking {Metra + the El, always an adventure in Chicago} as my main mode of transportation. 

With that being said, I need boots that are going to be kind to my feet, because, well I know you know. I need a shoe that's motivated + driven {see no2 moto boot}. In other words, it's comfortable, high-quality + I won't feel like one of the Golden Girls while wearing it.

Cri de Coeur is a globally conscious vegan footwear brand that every eco fashionista will be glad to know about. Named for the French expression "cry from the heart," the noble-minded goal of founders, Gina Ferraraccio and Julie Dicterow {self-described fashion soulmates} is to develop singular designs that embrace their ideals of the future of fashion.

"Cri de Coeur offers what these girls do best – impeccable design that is cruelty-free from start to finish."

The eco-designers source only the highest quality vegan materials for their collections, including Ultrasuede made from recycled plastics, eco-PU that’s low-VOC, breathable and biodegradable, organic cotton, hemp and reclaimed wood and are committed to choosing vendors who abide by their ideals of earth-friendly manufacturing processes and fair treatment of workers.

This sustainable line embodies ethical contemporary fashion with a plethora of pretty picks: polished boots, comfy wear-all-day flats + cosmopolitan heels. All vegan, all good.

 {photomontage by f+d} boots via cri de coeur; streetstyle image via the sartorialist

No comments :

Post a Comment