{Homegrown Eco Brand} Olsen Haus: Pure Vegan

Monday, January 21, 2013

A friend in college once told me I had a blatant disregard for the law. Before you go letting your imagination run wild with stories of mischief + mayhem, read on.

Back in the day, I used to drive a vintage VW Beetle {I loved that car even though it would rain on the inside when it rained on the outside, but I digress}. I also used to work three jobs and I had to be able to scoot around town and find parking in a jiffy.  Not an easy task in Chicago's Loop, Lincoln Park, or Gold Coast areas.

So, what my friend was referring to was my unwillingness to heed any and all parking signs that would limit me from settling my sunshine-yellow Bug exactly where I needed to in order to get to work or school on time {but never in front of a hydrant or in a handicapped slot}

I'd always ask myself this question: Is anyone getting hurt? Sometimes I had a ticket waiting on my window, other times not, but always I knew what the consequences were {although the great city of Chicago and many a happy meter maid will be glad to know I am now off the roads}.

Today, my attitude remains the same. I don't want anyone to suffer because of the decisions I make. And that includes people and animals alike {and I kinda like this little planet of ours, too}. 


Elizabeth Olsen, is the enlightened soul and founder of stylish, vegan footwear label Olsen Haus, worn by green starlets including Cameron Diaz, Alicia Silverstone and Anne Hathaway. The line is 100% cruelty-free, non-animal, follows fair trade standards, and is an ethically-run business.  

An outspoken advocate for the humane treatment of animals, Elizabeth has succeeded in her mission to merge passions for design, fashion and social justice. Elizabeth's pure vegan products are pure joy.  


{photomontage by f+d} images via olsenhaus

No comments :

Post a Comment