{The Mod Squad} My Fave Style Bloggers

Thursday, March 14, 2013


While today's brilliant style bloggers + fashion photographers/illustrators may not fall under the category of eco fashionistas, they are accomplished entrepreneurs that I respect, whose sites offer endless inspiration on a daily basis.

I like to take a peek at their sites, scoop up ideas, then I take a ride through my favorite eco fashion sites {like fashioning change + pure citizen} and look for similar styles from sustainable brands that strike my fancy. Here's how I happened upon each blog and why I love the mettle + moxie of each blogger. 

{Garance Doré} I came to know Garance after stumbling upon a captivating black + white photograph in the New York Times which prompted me to investigate further. Now, I love a good love story, so I was enthralled by the narrative unfolding in this article. Two street style photographers meet cute and fall in love? Lovely.

Garance is a French transplant who is stylish, comical + honest. She's emotive + sentimental and like Emily Dickinson, she does not shy away from using exclamation marks. While both are prolific writers, unlike Dickinson who published only 8 poems in her lifetime, Garance has quite a pot of posts that she's shared with the world via her site. 

She also shares her photography + original illustrations as well as her daily adventures + important milestones. Below are words of inspiration from the woman who took the road less traveled: 
"I just want to say to everyone like me who chose slightly more complicated paths, the roads less traveled, the ones with lots of roadblocks and long stretches of anguish, I just want to say that the most important thing is to always be moving toward your desire. Just do the things that make you smile and you’ll always end up somewhere. Even if that place is not anywhere you’d imagined you’d be at the start."

{The Sartorialist} Scott Schuman was my first. Really. My very first street style blog. I ran into his photocentric site on the net, and it was love at first sight. The lighting, the composition, the fashion + the mystery via the images telling stories sans words. He doesn't handhold you with endless verbiage, he allows the work to speak for itself + his readers to interpret as they will.

What J.D. Salinger was to literature, Scott is to the world of fashion. You won't find a profusion of interviews in which he expounds upon the art of photography, fashion + blogging. You will find a cat-that-swallowed-the-canary expression when he comes out from behind the camera + a perennial poise + elegance that seems inherent to Mr. Schuman. It's as though Scott Schuman was always destined to be this awe-inspiring arbiter of good taste. His discriminating eye married to his enigmatic persona makes him infinitely interesting to me {and his legion of followers}. 


Über talented + prolific street style photographers + fashion bloggers who unspool their endless artistry and quicken my pulse season after season: Man Repeller | Street Peeper | Citizen Couture | Vanessa Jackman | Caroline's Mode


{image by graeme mitchell}

No comments :

Post a Comment