{Eco Boutique} Vegan Cuts Makes the Cut

Friday, April 26, 2013


If you think a vegan lifestyle sounds prohibitive, think again. John + Jill Wiseman are the founders of the online retail shop Vegan Cuts and they've curated an impressive collection of fine, ethical products for the conscientious consumer - ready to be shipped at the click of a finger.

The Canadian couple and self-described smoothie enthusiasts founded VC in 2011 to make shopping for animal-friendly clothing, footwear + edibles easy as, ahem, vegan pie. I've discovered some of my favorite new eco beauty products over at VG. Here's a look at what's on the menu:

1. Meow Meow Tweet uses USDA certified organic plant oils, butters and botanicals to craft their uniquely therapeutic + aromatic soaps, body oils and skin creams; all products are vegan, 100% natural and never tested on animals. All of the soaps are packaged with paper that is 25% hemp fiber and 75% post consumer, and all the toiletries and candles are packaged in glass with biodegradable labels. Betcha didn't know: Jeff + Tara are also musicians and puppeteers! How's that for multi-talented?

2. The lofty goal of S.W. Basics is to make products that contribute to the overall health of our communities by supporting family farmers, small American manufacturers, and values-driven partners. Founder, Adina Grigore shares, "If the last few years have taught us anything, it's that the days of 'every company for itself' are over, so we want to make sure that every time a customer supports us, they're getting to support awesome businesses all along our supply chain." All S.W. products contain 5 or less ethically-sourced, good-for-you ingredients!

3. Hair Fix is the brainchild of Gina Grega. Gina dreamed a little dream. She conceived a fragrant dry shampoo with organic ingredients, free of animal products and devoid of talc, perfume or chemicals. But that's not all folks! Gina envisioned a tinted dry shampoo. Not only was Gina successful, she has expanded to include lip balms + soaps. I was born with a heaping dose of hair, a wild mane that I've been trying to corral for years. With this mountain of hair upon my head, I have come to understand that if I want healthy, shiny + manageable locks, natural oils are my friends + the less I wash, the better. But the key word here is shiny, not greasy. So, dry shampoo is my friend, and I'd be remiss if I didn't introduce you to my new mate. Hair Fix is easy to use + inexpensive and a direct route to good hair days. 
  
So, If you like smooth, friz-free hair and moist, supple lips and you rejoice in ambrosial soaps, you'll like Vegan Cuts. It's that simple. Click on over here to get some of that good hair mojo. 

1 comment :

  1. I like this idea of dry shampoo, is that all you use or do you alternate, I have no experience or knowledge about dry shampoo :/ - Jen K.

    ReplyDelete