{Why Electrons Are Positive}

Tuesday, April 23, 2013


April is Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month and I'm dedicating today's post to all critters big and small as well as the good people at Animal Care League of Oak Park.

On the day I entered the shelter looking for the dog that I would take home and call mine, I was awash with emotion. With so many choices, I thought it might be difficult to decide. But sometimes in life, the answer appears before us clear as day.  

Such was the case when this little bundle of love, malnourished + mute, came to greet me at the gate. A year later, Electron {née Conrad} has progressed from skittish + scared to spirited + sassy. I'm sharing pics of Electron, my furry companion and a rescue dog from the Animal Care League of Oak Park

ACL is celebrating 40 years of sheltering lost, abandoned and unwanted animals as well as adopting animals into loving homes. They've been hard at work educating the public about responsible pet ownership and have been indefatigable in their efforts to protect animals from abuse, neglect and inhumane treatment.

Electron is the sweetest, cuddliest pup I've ever had. He loves the great outdoors, he's crazy about children + dogs, and he's over the moon for Motown music {wait, am I projecting?}. He makes me laugh and he fills my days with happiness {when he's not being a bit of a Puck + showing the squirrels who's boss}. 

I'm grateful for the folks at ACL, and I hope you'll think of them when it's time to grow your pet family or if you're interested in supporting their amazing work via a monetary donation. If you have a favorite animal shelter that you'd like others to know about, feel free to share it in the comments section below!

Oh, and if you love thrifting, take a trip out to their resale shop 2nd Chance in Oak Park where hidden treasures abound. All proceeds benefit ALC.

No comments :

Post a Comment