{Born to Be Wild} A Swingin' Good Time

Thursday, May 23, 2013



My focus here at finny+dill is on fashion, but it's always in style to be kind, so I know you're going to love this documentary which will send endorphins carousing through your body. 

I admit, I wasn't sure what to expect when my roommate proposed we watch Born to Be Wild at Navy Pier last year. I guess I expected a Brandon Frasier escapade like Furry Vengeance. What I hadn't expected was to find two new heroes + to fall madly in love with this documentary. 

If you love animals or if you have a pulse, you're going to enjoy this movie.

This remarkable film documents orphaned orangutans and endangered elephants and the extraordinary women who have dedicated their lives to rescuing and raising them. 

You'll be transported into the lush rainforests of Borneo with world-renowned primatologist Dr. Biruté Mary Galdikas, a tireless educator + conservationist who has committed her life to protecting orangutans + the tropical rainforests they inhabit. 

Then you'll travel across the rugged Kenyan savannah with celebrated elephant authority Dr. Dame Daphne M. Sheldrick, a Kenyan author + expert in animal husbandry, as they and their teams rescue, rehabilitate and return these incredible animals back to the wild.

No comments :

Post a Comment