{Eco Blogger of the Week} Angela Lindvall, With Light + Love

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I was first introduced to Angela Lindvall, the actress, supermodel + environmentalist, when I watched Project Runway All Stars. She was hosting the show, and I can remember turning to my roommate and saying {perhaps not in this order}, "She exudes warmth. Where's Heidi?"

I later bumped into her on the cover of Natural Health magazine, and this piqued my interest {somehow I missed her on the covers of Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Allure, Marie Claire - excuse me while I dust myself off, the rock I've been living under was a bit sooty}. After a bit of noodling around the web, I happened upon Angela's blog and staring me straight in the face was this quote from Shakespeare:
  
April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. (Sonnet XCVIII)

Did I mention I love quotes? So if you're dishing out servings of those, well, you'd better believe I'll be first in line. But I digress. The more I read Angela's posts, the more I wanted to read. Her green-mindfulness, her promotion of organic farming + local agriculture, and her efforts to put pressure on the manufacturing end of the global fashion industry to improve textile manufacturing + remove waste are just a few of the reasons Angela inspires.
to put pressure on the manufacturing end of the global fashion industry to improve textile manufacturing and reduce waste. - See more at: http://www.naturalhealthmag.com/green-living/model-change#sthash.hJ1uBxXB.dpuf

Angela's posts are filled with hope + joy, words to nurture the spirit, and information to reduce your carbon footprint {plus, she understands the healing powers + therapeutic benefits of a bath}. I feel happier for having read her blog and grateful that she has taken the time to use her influence to stimulate awareness. Take a peek at these pics of her home on 7 acres of gorgeous land in LA, then head on over to her site for a dose of positive. 

{a few tips for healthy living from Angela via Natural Health Magazine}
1. Embrace Life: I really focus on the presence of a new day and have gratitude for being alive.

2. Pay Attention: Happiness and magic exist all around us. It’s really about whether we choose to tune into those positive experiences or not.
 
3. Take Time to Unwind: For me, lighting a fire and putting on classical music is a great way to relax.
 
4. Join in Community: I’ve opened my home to share the space. My neighbors come here at 4:30 a.m. on Tuesdays to do a personal practice of kundalini yoga and chanting.

5. Meditate: When I travel, meditation is so helpful because you can take it with you everywhere.  
{image by Mel Blanchard}
live on 7 acres in Los Angeles,
I’m obsessed with organic farming and local agriculture and eating in season. - See more at: http://www.naturalhealthmag.com/green-living/model-change#sthash.hJ1uBxXB.dpuf

No comments :

Post a Comment