{Eco Blogger of the Week} Joshua Katcher, The Discerning Brute

Wednesday, May 1, 2013


This week, it's raining men {hallelujah!} here at finny+dill. We're meeting a few good men: the men that are making good, green things happen in the world of fashion

While I've been a vegetarian for 20+ years, I first made the decision to go vegan at the beginning of 2013, and I had a lot of changes to make in my daily shopping habits from food to fashion. I struggled with questions about animal agriculture, wearing wool + silk and purchasing recycled leather products; and I desperately needed reading suggestions. I found straightforward answers to all of my questions from Joshua Katcher.

Joshua Katcher started The Discerning Brute in 2008 as a resource for intelligent men who want to make ethical, informed decisions concerning their lifestyles. With a focus on fashion, food & etiquette for the ethically handsome man, The Discerning Brute produces expert, essential content and boldly takes a stand while featuring contributors, recipes, reviews, and thought-provoking articles. 

Brave GentleMan, the integrated, e-commerce brother-site of The Discerning Brute was launched in 2011 and features principled attire and smart supplies handpicked for informed indulgence. Exclusive collaborations with marquis brands and designers and the growing notoriety of the Brave GentleMan label make this online shop unparalleled in the current marketplace.

Now, since I'm a gal who loves boy-meets-girl styling and who believes a touch of androgyny is a lovely way to balance my feminine fashion aesthetic, I'm drawn to the beauty + brawn of the faux-leather Defender boot {part of the exclusive collaboration between Brave GentleMan and Novacas} and I can't stop thinking about these mighty mangles {that's right, man-bangles} hand-made by jeweler Jessi Taylor in New Orleans with recycled-sterling silver. Katcher makes it easy for every girl and boy to add a little edge and sophistication with his 100% vegan and cruelty-free apparel, accessories + home decor. A little edge right this way.


{photomontage by f+d} images via the discerning brute + brave gentleman

No comments :

Post a Comment