{Eco Apothecary} A Green Morning Routine

Sunday, June 23, 2013

One day I woke up and found a foreign line across my neck. I assumed it was transient and gave myself a good polishing. Soon I realized this tiny furrow was my first wrinkle. And it was good.

In Scott Schuman's anthology of fashion photography The Sartorialist, he encourages and celebrates growing old with grace and style, "We are all only going in one direction; why not stop fighting the ageing process and learn to flow with it?" 

I love these words of wisdom. At the end of the day, I think we all just want to feel healthy + happy, comfortable + confident in our own skin. I enjoy getting up each morning and taking a little time to prepare for the new day with petite bottles of lotions + potions. I love aromatic blends of essentials oils, I'm crazy about responsibly-made + locally-crafted products, and animal-friendly + organic goods are always welcome in my powder room.

Today I'd like to share a list of the mighty fine products I use each week as well as my top tips for looking + feeling your best: 1} get plenty of sleep 2} drink lots of water + eat healthy foods 3} moisturize! Without further ado, my absolute favorite, must-have eco bath and beauty products:

{soap} dr. bronner's / saipuasoapbox soaps / moksa organics

{haircare} john masters organics / intelligent nutrients / j.r. liggett's bar shampoo 

{facial moisturizer} josie maran argan oil / devita perfecting time / juice beauty simply nourishing moisturizer + chamomile cleanser

{lip balm} fanciful fox / s.w.basics / meow meow tweet

{makeup} juice beauty organics pressed powder + lip color / devita mineral bronzer / tarte cosmetics mascara + eyelinerw3ll people lip gloss

{skincare} s.w.basics100% pure / nourish organic

{dry shampoo} acure organics / hair fix / lulu organics

{hair defrizzer} john masters organics elixir + leave-in conditioner

{nails} rgb / scotch naturals / butter london / lvx / sheswai beauty / priti nyc  

{feminine products} natracare  {deodorant} meow meow tweet

In the picture above, it's drizzling out, and my hair is on its best behavior thanks to the magical elixir by John Masters Organics and my skin has never looked better than after switching to clean products: nary a breakout thanks to Josie Maran's Argan Oil + DeVita's Perfecting Time Moisturizer {and lots and lots of H2O, fruits + veggies}.

No comments :

Post a Comment