{Eco Boutique of the Week} NuboNau: Are You Ready for Cloud Nine?

Friday, June 21, 2013

If you live anywhere near Chicago, you'll understand why my puppy and I have both been looking like disheveled Muppets as of late. It has been wet + humid! Without the right hair help, it makes for a ferocious case of frizzies + rather interesting hair days.

I mentioned on Monday that the road to greening my beauty routine has been fun + at times taxing. There was a moment during my quest for a natural shampoo + conditioner when my scalp was so itchy + my hair so dry, I almost drove straight to the salon that sold my tried + true, yet toxic haircare products, slammed down my money and said "Give me another!"

But I'm no quitter. So I stuck it out, and it paid off. 

Let's rewind. While researching organic textiles in the fashion industry, I stumbled upon a clean cosmetics book, No More Dirty Looks by Siobhan O'Connor and Alexandra Spunt. This is a book every woman should own; it highlights the dangerous ingredients in widely-used brands. The book has a sister site with loads of helpful product reviews, information galore + super chatty, engaged readers. The book and the site have permanently altered my shopping habits.

Fast-forward to present day. I now know which ingredients to avoid + brands to eschew, and I also know I can't always run into the nearest brick and mortar to pick up the clean brands I'm interested in. I learned of NuboNau via No More Dirty Looks, and I've been a satisfied gal with oodles of options. So this week, I'm introducing an online retailer working overtime to bring you the best in pure makeup, organic skincare + natural haircare products.   

NuboNau is an independently owned, family-run business hosting a wonderful collection of organic + vegan certified goodies. NuboNau {which translates to Cloud Nine in the language of Esperanto} carries my favorite haircare products: an amazing + fragrant shampoo, a lovely, lightweight conditioner + a truly effective elixir for defrizzing right. The good folks at NN audit every ingredient contained within their offering. You can shop by category or brand. Head on over some goodness.



{top image via living pretty naturally} artwork by f+d

No comments :

Post a Comment